Thursday, December 13, 2012

we're growing and changing everyday

While we're in North Carolina I'm taking Mayson to the same Family Practice that I went to when I was growing up and while the doctor that I used to see is gone, the nurse we had today was one I remembered from when I was younger. She knew who I was and even remembered when I was born... totally crazy!
And while the actually appointment was a bust; (we went to get Mayson's synagis shot but of course I had forgotten to have NAS send over her shot record) they did put 'lil Miss Maysie on the scale for me and she's officially (finally!) heavier than my birth weight. We weighed her with clothes on so it's not wholly accurate but subtracting a few ounces for the added weight she's roughly 9 1/2 pounds!!
 
My little baby is growing!! 
The heavier she gets the closer she is to possibly sleeping through the night so that makes me one happy momma. Of course that's not the only reason I'm happy, lol! I'm just glad that my little baby who struggled to eat at first is gaining weight and is slowly (very slowly) catching up to other babies her age.
And in other exciting Mayson news- her eyes are finally starting to change. They were dark blue when she was born and seeing as how neither Greg, nor I, have blue eyes I figured they wouldn't stay blue... or if they did perhaps Greg would be questioning paternity!!
(Bad joke, lol! With that head there's no questioning who her father is!!)
 
Anyway. They've slowly been getting gold in them and now in the light they look much more green than blue. Now to see if they stay green or hazel like both grandmas, turn light brown like Greg's, or dark brown like mine.
By the way- I'm fully aware that I am quite likely the only one THIS excited about her eye color change- but us new mommas can't help but be a little obsessed with our babies like that!

3 comments:

  1. lol I am the same way! I can't wait to see what my kids eyes are! I kept thinking Kenzie's would turn brown but they are bright blue still! Sydney's are turning brown but for a while she had two different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex looks so much like Arthur that I really hope he keeps my blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete