Sunday, December 9, 2012

OhhhhhPossum

After finally hooking up Mayson's baby moniter today I made a startling discover.
In the dark,
on the gritty little screen,
Mayson's stuffed 'possum looks frightingly real!!
(Oh and fyi- no comments from the peanut gallery please- I realize that I am breaking the sacred baby rule of "No stuffed animals in the crib." But in my defense, Mayson is barely a nine pound baby in a big crib; not to mention the 'possum is all the way in the other corner from where she sleeps. And besides, a stuffed 'possum is better than a real 'possum in her crib anyday!)

3 comments:

  1. Sydney slept in a basinet until like a couple weeks ago and it had padded sides so just as bad if not worse than a stuffed animal in the crib. With that said until they really move alot I don't think it matters. Sydney now sleeps in a crib with nothing not even bumpers but she's all about moving now so all the crazy stunts are around the corner...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once she gets to really moving around obviously I'll take it out but for now, even though she does rotate herself around, she stays on the other end of the crib. I just thought it was funny how creepy it looks on the moniter at night... the picture doesn't do it justice, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex loves his animals. He sleeps with a few in his crib. He's to the point he wakes up and plays with them. I hear him taking to them in the morning. I know they're not supposed to be in there. ..... But hey, we survived animals AND sleeping on our stomach when we were little! He sleeps on his tummy now, but he puts himself in that position. I did have to start putting him in a sleeper every night though, and get rid of the blankets. Had a scare one morning when I went in to get him. No more blankets for a while.

    ReplyDelete