Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Day

All day I was excited about the prospect of Mayson's first snow! 
At first the weatherman predicted several inches.
It was supposed to rain the majority of the day;
then switch over to snow around six.
But by noon the forecast had changed to only a dusting;
and the snow wasn't supposed to start until after eight.

So we wore our penguin shirt to try and usher in the snow!
Perhaps I should have paid closer attention to the fact that the poor penguins needed an umbrella!!
Mayson Pearl was excited about the snow until I warned her that it would be cold!! She's a Florida baby- she doesn't like being cold!
 She felt better about it though, when I gave her a soft adorable snowman to play with.
 And of course she loves her penguin rattle that Uncle Joshua got her for Christmas.
We watched while it rained (with a few snowflakes mixed in!) until my poor little baby couldn't keep her eyes open anymore. 
She had her bottle,
I tucked her into bed,
and at 8:30 right when she was drifting off to sleep it started to snow!


Here's hoping that there's still a little snow around in the morning when little miss wakes up so this can officially be called her first ever North Carolina snow!

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit jealous! lol looks like you and your mom had fun, glad Mayson gets to see some snow! I am sure most of the places she'll live won't have it so good thing she can get it in North Carolina when you visit! I don't visit N.C. enough but maybe the next deployment we'll do the same thing and the kids might see some snow or at least some country living lol

    ReplyDelete