Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving road tripping

We were lucky enough to be able to head up to NC this Thanksgiving and spend the holiday with my parents.







My dad cooked the entire feast himself and everyone, including Mayson, would agree that it was delicious. She got to try turkey, ham, stuffing, and cranberry sauce; but her favorite was definitely the candied yams and the rolls!


 
While we were there Maysie loved playing with all of my old toys, especially the pretend kitchen stuff.  (Lucky for her I heard through the grapevine that she just might be getting her very own kitchen set for Christmas.)

 

She also got to experience what it's like to get all bundled up to play outside. She hated having to put on the jacket and hat but the cold didn't bother her at all; I guess the Florida weather hasn't ruined her yet!





My mom even talked my dad into putting the Christmas tree up while we were there so we could help. And even though this was only Mayson's second time decorating a tree I'd definitely say that she's a pro already!


Gotta love her placement of these Christmas balls!



My cousin, her son, along with her niece and nephew dropped by and helped us decorate the tree. Poor Tristan kept hanging all of the snowmen at the bottom (they were walking, he said!) only to have Maysie come along behind him and move them.




Last picture i promise but this was just too cute! After all of that decorating her second cousin Tristan, took a break to read her a Christmas story. How sweet is that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment