Sunday, November 17, 2013

Colander fun

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I couldn't wait to try it with Mayson...


I bought some pipe cleaners, pulled the colander out of the cabinet and let Maysie have at it.
And she did... For all of two minutes I think! 
 





I left it out all day and she barely touched it... 
Until it was time to put the pipe cleaners up; then she spent nearly thirty minutes putting the pipe cleaners in and out of a ziplock bag!
Toddlers definitely have their own idea of what's fun and I've learned it works best to simply follow her lead and roll with it. You can always try the activity again later. 
 
 
So fast forward to today when I pulled out the colander again; only this time I decided to try feathers.
We made a turkey...
 

And wouldn't you know it ended up being her favorite activity of the day!
 




1 comment:

  1. I tried this with MacKenzie when she was a baby and she had no interest I figured I tried it too young but she was not the easiest to entertain and still isn't lol I need to try it with Sydney and see what she thinks she likes alot of things Kenzie didn't. I like the turkey idea! Sydney has been loving playing with a mini cookie tin I put in the play kitchen for the holiday and she just sits there putting the lid on and getting me to take it off for her then she puts in back on and over and over then she puts things inside it...(felt cookies I made to go inside) I bet Mayson would like that too! I got the cookie tins from dollar general or family dollar last year for $1 each. :)

    ReplyDelete