Saturday, April 12, 2014

Catch up in pictures

Hi.
I'm Elizabeth.
Habitual procrastinator.
Slacker.
Evening couch surfer.
And way behind on this whole blogging thing!
But as long as I'm doling out confessions let me admit that when it comes to blogging sometimes life just gets in the way...

So for what its worth here's my (been-there-done-that, guilty-as-charged, had to learn the hard way, recently discovered) words of motherhood wisdom...

Don't ever let yourself become obsessed with capturing every picture perfect moment;
Or consumed with worry trying to remember every little microscopic detail to write down later.

I might not remember the exact day that Mayson took her first steps;
Nor did I personally take a single picture of her first birthday party.
And if I'm being completely honest I last updated her baby book when she was eight months old.
But you know what?
Over the last eighteen months i've come to realize that sometimes most times it's better to live in the moment than be stuck recording it.

Standing back, hovering, with an ever watchful eye and a camara is not where I want to be.
I don't want to be on the sidelines of Mayson's life.
I want to be in it, enjoying every precious minute, not worried about remembering it perfectly later.
Years from now the memories stored only in my head of her might be a little fuzzy but at least I will be in them.
Motherhood is not meant to be a spectator sport.
Live it :)


And now what y'all really came here for (the few, sometimes crappy, mostly taken with my I-phone) pictures of the feisty-yet-wonderful Mayson Pearl...

Valentine's

 
Checking out Dada's new airplane - the P-8 Poseidon 


Play dates with one of mommy's oldest and bestest friends



Being sick off and on for three weeks straight :(

St Patty's Day green

Warm weather fun





Gaga and grandpa visit



And Easter egg hunting



No comments:

Post a Comment