Friday, February 22, 2013

Photographic memory

When I first found out I was pregnant I daydreamed of all the wonderfully cute maternity photos I was going to take to mark this pregnancy. But boy did that bubble burst fast when I discovered two things
a)
Some women seem meant for pregnancy. 
They glow. 
Only their belly expands
And they seem to sail through all nine months with ease.
I was not one of these women!!
b)
Three to four months of 24/7 puking
Horrible swelling
High blood pressure
And eventually preeclampsia do not equal many photo ready moments

That being said (minus quite a few weeks) here's the one cute thing I managed to do...

Now once I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't usually feeling like a beautifully glowing and photo ready pregnant woman, I passed many of my days on bed rest looking up oh-so-adorable photo ideas for babies.
Ha! 
No one ever tells you that your baby just might not be as keen on these oh-so-adorable photos as you are!
Since Mayson Pearl came 6 weeks early and spent time in the Nicu I never got my much longed for newborn photos :(
And when she came home I was so concentrated on keeping her healthy and growing I didn't even worry about pre-planned photo ops.
 I think I missed my window of having the photo ready-sleepy-do anything to me newborn!

Because now she...
 Dislikes tutus!
HATES being in a basket no matter how soft I try to make it for her.
Does not like getting cold.
Her skin breaks out if I put jewelry on her. (learned that one the hard way!)
She wiggles.
Squirms.
Will not stand for wardrobe changes
and
Makes the funniest faces if I use the flash.

Obviously I'm no photographer!
But at least I do manage to get a few good ones- 
There just so happens to be over a hundred other funny looking ones saved on my computer as well!
I'm sure one day even those photos will prove invaluable-
like when the hubby and I want to embarrass her in front of future boyfriends!!

But by far my most favorite pictures of this whole journey weren't preplanned at all...


and though I've posted it before, I can not wait  to follow up this last one with an equally teary but joyful reunion when Greg gets home from deployment in June!!


No comments:

Post a Comment